WE INFORM YOU THAT:
a) All your personal data you provided us with will be handled in accordance with both the aforementioned law and the privacy obligations which our Hotels have to fulfil;
b) The data will be handled for the following purposes:
- To comply with your booking request,
- To carry out activities within the marketing sector as well as sending you informative material on our services and products.
c) For the handling of data we mentioned at point 1, it is not necessary to have any consent, the passing on of data is not compulsory but it is necessary for us so that we can comply with your booking request. On the other hand, with regard to the information at point 2, Our Hotel must receive an explicit consent, which you will have to provide. By proceeding with your booking you agree to these terms.
d) In accordance with the procedure laid down by the law, we will file your information on both paper and our IT system.
e) Access and handling of data are exclusively carried out by Hotel operators, who have been specifically appointed for the task, or by members of affiliated companies, which have been appointed for the handling of customers’ personal data, in compliance with the current local law on the tutelage of personal data by also adopting all the necessary safety measures. Your data will not be disclosed to external parties.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
The materials contained in this website are provided for general information purposes only and are not intended to provide legal or other professional advice nor to they commit Porto Azzurro to any obligation whatsoever. Porto Azzurro accepts no responsibility for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage which may arise from reliance on information contained in this site. Users are advised to seek confirmation of statements made hereinbefore acting upon them; specialist advice should also be sought on specific issues.
Notification of Changes to This Policy
Porto Azzurro is continually improving and adding new functionality and features to its websites and improving and adding to our existing products, services, and programs. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law, and the changing nature of technology, Porto Azzurro’s data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, Porto Azzurro will post the changes on our websites to notify you of the changes. We encourage you to check this page frequently.
Personal Data Collected Through www.portoazzurro.com.mt
The only personal data Porto Azzurro currently collects through its websites is the information you voluntarily give us when you use our sites.
For example, you may use this site to contact Porto Azzurro with questions and comments. When you fill out a form on our websites, you may provide your name and other contact information, including your company’s name, your e-mail address, and your mailing address or the mailing address of your company or other personal information.
Use of Personal Data Collected Through www.portoazzurro.com.mt
Porto Azzurro uses the personal data information you provide to answer the query you will have posted through the site. Porto Azzurro and our affiliates also use this information to help us improve the content and functionality of our websites, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services. Porto Azzurro and our affiliates may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about products or services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future communications.
Similarly, we may provide “subscription” e-mail services, either directly or through affiliates, which enable you to receive current news about Porto Azzurro and its business. For all such services, we will provide an opportunity to “opt-out” of, or cancel, the subscription.
Requirements and Criteria for Processing
Porto Azzurro ensures that:
- personal data is processed fairly and lawfully;
- personal data is always processed in accordance with good practice;
- personal data is only collected for specific, explicitly stated and legitimate purposes;
- personal data is not processed for any purpose that is incompatible with that for which the information is collected;
- personal data that is processed is adequate and relevant in relation to the purposes of the processing;
- no more personal data is processed than is necessary having regard to the purposes of the processing;
- personal data that is processed is correct and, if necessary, up to date;
- all reasonable measures are taken to complete, correct, block or erase data to the extent that such data is incomplete or incorrect, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed;
- personal data is not kept for a period longer than is necessary, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed.
Personal data may be processed only if:
- the data subject has unambiguously given his consent; or
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract; or
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Porto Azzurro is subject; or
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject; or
- processing is necessary for the performance of an activity that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Porto Azzurro or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- processing is necessary for a purpose that concerns a legitimate interest of Porto Azzurro or of such a third party to whom personal data is provided, except where such interest is overridden by the interest to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject and in particular the right to privacy.
Anonymous Data Collected Through www.portoazzurro.com.mt
In addition to the information you provide when you use our websites, Porto Azzurro uses technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our websites. For example, we use technology to track how many visitors access our websites, the date and time of their visit, the length of their stay, and which pages they view. We also use technology to determine which web browsers our visitors use and the address from which they accessed our sites (for example, if they connected to a Porto Azzurro website by clicking on one of our banner ads).
This technology does not identify you personally. It simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our sites. Porto Azzurro and our affiliates use this anonymous data and share it with third parties to improve the content and functionality of our websites, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services. The technology we use is Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Booking Engine called Addajet and Facebook pixel.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
While no method of data transmission is guaranteed against unlawful third party interception or other misuses, Porto Azzurro uses commercially reasonable efforts to the ensure protection of your data including industry-standard encryption and offline security methods in our physical facilities.
Link to Other Sites.
Rectification, Deletion etc
Porto Azzurro shall at the request of the data subject to immediately rectify, block or erase such personal data that has not been processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act or with regulations made thereunder.
Porto Azzurro shall notify any third party to whom the data has been disclosed about the measures undertaken as aforesaid.
Provided that no such notification need be provided if it is shown to be impossible or it will involve a disproportionate effort.
Subject Access Policy
Porto Azzurro will provide information in response to any reasonable subject access request. Porto Azzurro will ensure data are kept in an accessible form to facilitate subject access.
Porto Azzurro at the request of the data subject shall provide to the data subject, without excessive delay and without expense, written information as to whether personal data concerning the data subject is processed:
Provided that a request by the data as aforesaid shall only be made by the data subject at reasonable intervals.
Any such application shall be made in writing to Porto Azzurro and is to be signed by the data subject.
If such data is processed Porto Azzurro shall provide to the data subject written information in an intelligible form about:
- actual information about the data subject which is processed;
- where this information has been collected;
- the purpose of the processing;
- to which recipients or categories of recipients the information is disclosed; and
- knowledge of the logic involved in any automatic processing of data concerning the data subject.
The Language in which Contracts may be Concluded.
All transactions / bookings carried out on this website or our booking website are concluded in English.